Translate

Friday 15 April 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness April Link-Up Post


Welcome to the Gifted Gorgeousness link-up post!  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th of each month but I will keep the linky open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time to join in.

The format remains EXACTLY the same as last year so I'm sure you are all aware of what can be included - gifts to and from you; charts, fabric or threads; shoe-horns welcome!

Elizabeth Shephard from The Scarlet Letter is my IHSW project so she will be coming out to play later today:

stitched on 30 count linen

The Lizzie*Kate design Sampling Easter was a gift from Justine and has been sent on to Cathy the Stitching Grandma:

stitched on 14 count yellow aida

My second Stitch for Syria design, a gift for their centre in the Lebanon:

stitched on 28 count black Jobelan

Another row on Counting Bats by Just Nan, a gift from Mel of Epic Stitching:

stitched on 32 count lilac linen

I finished the fourth fairy which was another gift from Justine and is for me to keep!

stitched on Love-in-the-Mist 32 count Murano from Crafty Kitten

And continued progress on my current focus piece - Nora Corbett's Little Snowy Gray Cottage:

stitched on 32 count Blue Hydrangea from Crafty Kitten

This is the area I have been working on the last two days, it's not boring because there are little gaps all over for beads to fit in!  I've been alternating between the Kreinik and the white to keep things interesting.  The other side of the roof is next and then the windows on either side of the house.


Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "April Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*



*

edit - Elfin Stitches has included a wonderful tutorial on how to make the gorgeous little beaded tree ornies she has designed herself.  Make sure you go and have a look this month.

Last month I hosted a GGG (Gifted Gorgeousness Giveaway) of the Strawberry Sampler.  The random number boy chose the following person to receive the chart:


Katie AKA Jeremiah's Mom also hosted a GGG last month and announced the winner a week later.  Congratulations to Mii Stitch!

If you are hosting a GGG let me know and I'll add a link here.  You can host on your blog or via mine, I don't mind at all.


Finally, The Days of Jo's Life Big Birthday Blog Hop was been launched and is taking sign-ups.  The Hop will be on the 17th September.  To take part all you have to do is leave a comment or email me.  Nearer the date I will allocate you a Year of My Life and on the 17th September you do a blog post about that year or that life event in your life or what you were doing at that age (assuming you are that old!).  Also, post something you have stitched which you think I will like.


38 comments:

Rachel said...

More lovely stitching and finishes, Jo. I don't think I mentioned how gorgeous J looks. It's probably my favourite of the 4 you've stitched this year.
So you've got GG and now GGG..... the next logical step is GGGG! I wonder what that could stand for? :)

Justine said...

Gorgeous stitching Jo - like Rachel I really love the letter J fairy! She looks very zen. Your little cottage is going to be very blingy too!

Mini said...

Lovely stitching Jo. "J" looks splendid.

Unknown said...

Wonderful stitching.

Vickie said...

Your projects right now are such pretty ones.

CalamityJr said...

Such lovely stitching, and such a nice variety of designs. It's nice that you enjoy so many styles - and even better that you share it all with us!

Linda said...

Gorgeous stitching as always Jo. Sorry, but I didn't work on my this month. I will catch up next month.

Linda

gominam said...

Great progress, lovely as ever:)

cheryl said...

Lovely stitching. I agree with everyone else ... that "J" is stunning. I am loving the sparkly snowy cottage, as well as all of your other pieces.

Christine said...

Lovely work Jo, the Quaker is looking stunning

BeingBored89 said...

I really enjoyed seeing the "J" fairy as well as the other fairies you worked on! I'm also eager to see how the snowy cottage turns out. I love winter cottage scenes!

Kerryp77 said...

J is stunning, looking forward to seeing ES after your hermitting weekend.

Marie said...

Love the "J" fairy, and the fabric used…beautiful. Your LK Easter design is adorable and the charm is a great addition. I am impressed with you stitching on black (ugh) it looks so pretty but must have been hard on the eyes. :-) I am looking forward to seeing continued progress on that wonderful cottage design!

Susan said...

Everything looks amazing. I think I like the "J" the best. I would love to take part in your Big Birthday blog hop.

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

Your projects are so varied and each in theur own way so beautifully coloured. I really do enjoy my visits to your blog.

Barb said...

Just love that sparkly little cottage! Count me in for your birthday!

Heather said...

Great choices jo! Lots of goodies :)

Bea said...

Cottage is coming along beautifully and looking forward to your progress on ES.

Preeti said...

Lovely projects, Jo!!

jocondine said...

So many nice stitchings, Bravo again for the "J", I hope that metallic threads in snowy cottage are easy to stitch, the fabric looks gorgeous. ;)

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Wonderful progress =) The "J" looks amazing and I absolutely love the fabric from the little snowy gray cottage, I'm looking forward to see more of it =)

Anonymous said...

Hi ;) New follower here, love you wips, and love the idea of the Stitch For Syria, I actually just signed up myself ;) Can't wait to read more <3

rosey175 said...

o man, playing ketchup here! Congrats on the the blinging fifth blogaversary complete with finish! And then more bling with that snowy cottage of awesome on awesome fabric and awesome(?) threads! A lot of people seem to have issues getting both the sparkles and the color to show up (focused even!) but you have captured both so well! Maybe because the whole thing is sparkly? I like sparkly, perhaps this hasn't been clear before.

Lainey said...

So many beautiful stitches Jo! Look forward to my next visit.

♥ Nia said...

Those little LK charts are so sweet :) adorable finish!
Ohhhhhhh J Fairy looks gorgeous!!! fabulous!! love her!! :D Those fairies have my heart =)
hugs&smiles to you

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on everything and glad Snowy Cottage is staying interesting!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I'm with Rosey - I like all things sparkly too, in case you didn't already know that either LOL! Your cottage is sparkleriffic :) A belated but heart-felt Happy 5th Blogaversary to you too!!! All your fairies are beautiful, looking forward to seeing how you final finish them off ;)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! I love how is little cottage is coming along...and oh wow, I won?! I never win anything, this really made my (Mon)day ^_^ Thank you!

I'm pretty behind with my blogging, but I hope to get my own post up later this week.

Brigitte said...

So much lovely GG stitching again, Jo. Counting Bats is the perfect chart for a Halloween lover like you, isn't it?, and I love your progress on it.
I finally managed to publish my GG post for this month.

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching going on for you. Just love that J. Your cottage is looking gorgeous too! Congrats Leonore! Congrats to the other winners too.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Thanks for hosting this, as always :D

Renee said...

You do such lovely work! Your letter J and Counting Bats are two of my favorites. Beautiful work!

stitchersanon said...

Amazing post. I didn't have internet so I'm bit late posting. Sorry xxx

Julie said...

So many fabulous things to see in this GG post. Very sparkly your little house.

Kaisievic said...

Phew! Finally linked up!

Stitching Noni said...

All linked up... Thank you for the reminder - got side tracked after posting and forgot to link :)
Love your progress... J is stunning :)
Hugs xx

Kaisievic said...

Lots and lots of lovely stitching, my dear - my favourite this month? Hmm! Definitely the "J".

Heather said...

Haha finally linked up! I don't know why I'm sucking at it lately :D