Translate

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness December Link-Up Post

  Gifted Gorgeousness

This is the final post for my first year long SAL.  We have been posting and linking up on the 15th of each month, because it is 2015.  I think it's been a huge success.  Everyone has been stitching away on some beautiful pieces, both received as gifts and intended as gifts for other people.  Of course there has been the odd shoe-horn along the way!  That's part of the fun of a SAL.  Yes, freebie charts do count as gifts from the designer.

I will be having one final giveaway this month.  There will be two mystery prizes of charts and kits donated by the lovely Gwen of Guava Gems earlier this year.  I have a spreadsheet of everyone who has signed up each month.  You will get one entry into the draw for each month you linked up.  The more you linked up, the more entries you get.  The second prize will be for those dedicated people who linked up every month.  I will announce the winners in the first GG post of 2016.

Yes, that's right; GG will be continuing into 2016.  I don't know about you but I still have enough Gifted Gorgeousness to keep me going until 2116 never mind next year!  I will keep the link up date as the 15th because it's nice and central in the month.  I've updated the main GG page so you can sign up now to show you intend to take part next year, even if you don't make a post this month.

Elizabeth Shephard by Scarlet Letter - a gift from Nicola:

stitched on 30 count linen

Joy by Jeanette Douglas -  a gift for Clare:


Friendship Compass by Glendon Place - a gift for Mouse:


Sunflower and Acorns by Beehive Needleworks - a gift from Linda

stitched on 35 count linen



And now over to you - Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "December Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  People are still getting this wrong!  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*

*


Finally, it's a busy time of the year for us all, so please excuse me if I don't visit and comment on your blog as much as usual.  I had to clear out my Reader of abour 200 posts which were over two weeks old just to keep the numbers manageable!  I do usually read every post even if I don't comment.  One thing I don't do is return to see if you've replied to my comment, so please reply by email!  I also answer all of those too.  Hope you're all enjoying the Advent Calendar Blog Hop too.  I certainly look forward to it every day.

23 comments:

Brigitte said...

Great news that GG will continue next year. Although I haven't posted each month this year I think I will continue next year. As long as it's no monthly pressure and obligation it's good with me.
Nice gift stitching that you can show this month.

gracie said...

Lovely pieces.....

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The Advent Calendar blog hop has been very enjoyable! Thank you!

Katie said...

I'll have to see if I can participate next year. It's been a lot of fun watching your posts on this SAL and the others who have joined in as well. Happy Holidays!

gominam said...

That's wonderful news for 2016, looking forward to more of GG. Lovely stitching as always:)

DJ said...

Thank you once again for hosting this fabulous SAL!! I'm so excited and pleased you will continue next year! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed stitching things for others and finding and stitching things for myself others have gifted me with. Your stitching is so beautiful! I love what you've stitched for Mouse, what a thoughtful piece! "Elizabeth" is coming along beautifully...Nicola is a lucky lady!! I love all your pieces!!

Christine said...

Great gifted gorgeousness Jo. I'd love to carry on next year (if don't get drummed out after this months pathetic offering)

jocondine said...

Nice stitchings, love the Joy for Clare. Thanks for GG SAL, great news for 2016. xxx Joyeuses fêtes de Noël !

Linda said...

Lovely projects and stitching Jo. I really enjoyed this SAL and have signed up for next year.

Linda

Preeti said...

Beautiful pieces!! Nice to know that GG continues for next year. Not sure, if I can participate next year, but I did manage one post this year:) I have not been stitching for past two months:(

Heather said...

All linked up! Thanks for hosting this I'm glad it's continuing!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful gifted stitching! I'm so glad you're going to keep this going next year too. I just linked up :D

Bea said...

Elizabeth Shepherd is coming along nicely - really loving these designs you do with the little motifs. I can feel the itch to try one - you're such a terrible enabler! Sunflower and acorns is really pretty.

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching, as usual! I particularly liked the 'Joy' ornament. It is very sweet. I am so happy to have been a member of this lovely group this year, and I will be back next year. I have so enjoyed seeing all the lovely projects destined to be gifts, or stitched with gifted items.

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching as ever on your blog Jo! I'm so glad you decided to continue with this SAL, it has to be one of my favourites. It's such a lovely way to celebrate the generosity of fellow stitchers!

Mini said...

I have linked up my post. I'm so happy you will continue this SAL in 2016. It has been so much fun to stitch gifts and see what others are making.
Beautiful Stitching.
Yes , I have been missing your comments on my blog...I hope you visit once the holiday season is over.

rosey175 said...

I sure hope that link up worked. insert grumbles about crappy net

I think everyone starts drowning in busy this time of year! Love the bead hanger for Joy. :D

I'm so glad for GG continuing on too though I seem to have drifted off the stitching end as the year went on. Will we be posting on the 16th this time?

The Crafty Princess said...

I linked it right this time (I think). I'm so glad you will be continuing in 2016. I promise to be better and more disciplined. Big hugs xo

Stitching Noni said...

Finally got around to linking up my post for this month - at least the post was up on time! I have completely run out of time for blog reading over the last month or so... but 2 more days of work and then hopefully I can be up to date again with blog reading over the Christmas break!!
Great news that GG is running again next year - I'm in :o)
Thanks for hosting the great SAL's and Blog Hops over the year - it has been such fun to read your posts and see what everyone else is up to!
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2016!
Hugs xx

Leonore Winterer said...

I'll try to get my post for the month up after christmas, when I can finally show off the stuff I've been working one :) I'm not sure about signing up for next year, but it's very much possible, gift stitching and gifted stitching is always a thing for me!
Great progress on your projects as well, I loke the Acorn and Sunflower one :)

cheryl said...

"Joy" is a lovely finish! I always enjoy seeing your progress on "Elizabeth Shephard", and I look forward to seeing more of the other two as well.
I posted my update - better late, then never!

Leonore Winterer said...

Aaand it's up :)

Gillie said...

Well, I made it, must do better next year, thanks for continuing, Jo, like you I could go on indefinitely!

Love that Joy ornament, think it might be in the JCS ornament mag? Must go and look. Happy New Year, love, and here's to many stitches for all of us!