Translate

Sunday 16 November 2014

Gifted Gorgeousness

First of all, a piece of actual Gifted Gorgeousness and then an explanation of my latest bright idea!

I recently send some aida off to a fellow stitcher as I knew I would not use it myself so it was nice to find a good home for it.  Look what I received a few days later!  Isn't it lovely?


Thank you Jacquie.

Now I am sure we have all benefited from the generousity of our fellow bloggers so here is your chance to show your appreciation for that generousness by doing what we do best - stitching and blogging about it!

I have decided to host my first ever year-long SAL - the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  This is a nice open SAL, not too many rules.  There is a special page here for you to sign up on (if the Mr Linky works!) and link to on your own blogs if you like.

Basically we will post once a month, on the 15th of the month, because it is 2015 next year and there are enough SALs which post at the end already!  You can join in every month or just drop in when you want.  There will be a linky post here every 15th for you to check-in.  Here is a short list of things which you may consider including in your Gifted Gorgeousness post:
  • Any chart/kit which was given to you
  • Any chart/kit which you won in a giveaway
  • Any chart/kit which you bought using a voucher given to you/won by you
  • Anything stitched on fabric received in the above ways
  • Anything stitched with floss received in the above ways
  • Anything embellished or finished with items received in the above ways
  • Anything which is intended as a gift or prize for another person
  • Anything else you can somehow shoehorn with word "gift" into!
an image you can use on your blog

So who is in with me?

This week I have diligently been stitching something which fits in with the 7th category above, a gift for my Mum.  I intended to give this to her when I first started stitching it.  Fortunately I did not mention it at the time as I think she would have got rather impatient by now!  Mum was always a strict OAAT stitcher herself.  Anyway, Green Goddess is nearing completion so I won't show a whole photo, just a couple of sneaky peeks!




I have also made some progress on Prairie Moon's Thine is the Trick and the Treat.  One more motif finished:

well, nearly finished, a few more stitches on one scarecrow


Finally, the Advent Calendar Blog Hop will be starting on the 1st of December, same format as last year - sign up and be allocated a date.  Post a stitched Christmas picture on your date plus a comment about the festive season.  You can email me now if you like stating if you have a preference for an early date or later in the month or any dates you can't do.  We have enough people for half the Advent so far which is great.

Advent Calendar Blog Hop

15 comments:

jocondine said...

Great stitchings. Love closer pictures with bright colors. Thanks for the blog hop.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Marvelous!!!
Wonderful!!
So excited about joining in on your year long SAL... already signed up!!
Oh yes loving your close ups of your lovely work.. your mum is going to love it, for sure :)
Smiles :)

AnaCristina said...

oh Jo! how much time do you have in one day?? 36 hours? LOL LOL

Christine said...

Nearly time for a Happy Dance on Green Goddess then

gracie said...

Your SAL sounds like fun....I will be thinking on it. I am looking forward to the Advent Blog Hop....

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo

What a sweet gift from Jacquie.
Your stitching is so lovely x

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet little thank you gift :)

Caitlin D said...

Such a sweet thank you. Wish I could join the Advent Blog Hop, but I shall resign myself to hopping through the blogs and seeing all of your wonderful works. :-)

Katie said...

Beautiful pieces. Can't wait to hear that happy dance. I wish everyone luck in the SAL. I think I will stay out for now. I just like stitching whatever screams the loudest.

Gillie said...

Love the SAL idea, I am going to join, please! Will email you about the Hop. Mm, always good to be shaky on dates, then you can't be pinned down, grin,but your mum will love it!

Giovanna said...

Nice going on your stitching, and what a perfectly adorable little gift.

The Crafty Princess said...

Woo hoo I love the face glitter on Green Goddess that looks amazing!

Thanks for orgainsing the SAL I'm totally on board for that!
xo Alicia

Julie said...

Cant wait to see Green Goddess in all her glory.

sew.darn.quilt said...

What a lovely "Thank you" from Jacquie. Looking forward to the unveiling of the Green Goddess, the picture tease is intriguing :)

rosey175 said...

Oooh sneaky tease on the Green Goddess, how mean!! :) I'm sure she'll be stunning.