Translate

Sunday 25 March 2012

Sign up here for my Blogaversary Easter Treasure Hunt!


I’ve been planning an interactive activity for Easter since we had so much fun with the Secret Stitching Sweethearts for Valentine’s Day.  Then I realised that my 1st Blogaversary is actually on Easter Sunday so I thought we’d have a little competition too.

The first category is for Picture Posters - bloggers who would like to post an Easter or Spring themed stitched picture on their blog on Easter Sunday.  Simply sign up now by leaving a comment on this post.  Make sure I can find your email and blog via your comment (eg you’re not a “no-reply”).  The closing date for signing up is Noon BST Maundy Thursday 5th April.

When I know how many people we have I will send you each an email confirming that you are taking part and assigning you a letter of the alphabet.  This is very important as the letters will spell out a word or phrase for the Treasure Hunters to find.  On Easter Sunday post your letter with your Easter / Spring picture on your blog with a link to my blog so people know what it’s all about.


The second category is for Treasure Hunters.  They can be bloggers or just followers, if you’re a Picture Poster then you can be a Treasure Hunter too, you have a tiny advantage in that you know one letter!

Treasure Hunters must come to my blog on (or just after) Easter Sunday where there will be a list of all the Picture Posters in order.  Visit each blog noting down the letter displayed there (leave a comment too, it’s a nice thing to do).  The letters will spell out a word or phrase.  Come back to my blog and leave me a comment stating what the word or phrase is.  If you visit the blogs out of order then you’ll have an anagram to solve, but why make it hard on yourself?!

Blog Owner approval will be enabled from Easter Sunday until the end of the competition (I’ll give you all a week to get your entries in) so you can’t copy the girl in front.  LOL.  Sneaky, aren’t I?



There will be a prize for each category, something stitched by me with an Easter/Spring theme depending on what tempts me.  Anyone who wishes me a Happy Blogaversary gets a bonus entry in their category.  Because thoughtfulness deserves a reward.  Anyone who sends cake through the post gets two extra goes.  Because cake deserves a reward too.  That last one is a joke, not sure how well cake travels around the world!

So off you go, think of what’s in your collection you could post and sign up here for the fun.

Finally, the Eggs are just a couple of the mega eggs my hubby has given me for Easter in the past.  We had a members card for a wholesaler’s warehouse and those eggs were intended as raffle prizes for pubs and clubs to buy.  Hubby obviously decided I needed feeding up!

15 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo count me in hopefully got some thing spring like stitched ..lol
and gorgeous eggs you got :) love mouse xxxxx

Deb said...

You can count me in. I have the perfect thing to post. This sounds like fun!!

Nic said...

I really really want chocolate now!! Treasure hunt sounds interesting but I've nothing Eastery to stitch.

Unknown said...

I would love to join the Picture Posters and the Treasure Hunters. It sounds like a barrel of fun! Thanks for doing this. And, by the way, your DH is a keeper!

Shirlee said...

Count me in Jo : )

gracie said...

I have been ready and waiting since Valentine's day! Count me in...Happy Blogaversary to you. Let the fun begin!!

Anna van Schurman said...

I've got a springtime piece I haven't shown before! Count me in.

Christine said...

Ooh, yes please, it sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

I'd like to be a Picture Poster. Thanks.

cindc8 at gmail

Melissa said...

I'd be happy to be a Picture Poster if you need more! I've got a cute little spring time biscornu from a few years back that would work nicely. Happy blogaversary! How's your Dark Alphabet coming along? :)

geeky Heather said...

I'd love to be a picture poster! I had such fun with Valentine's day!!

I'll certainly be hunting. =)

Measi said...

I'll be a picture poster. :)

And I know exactly what I have to post. :)

McKenna C. said...

Happy Blogoversary! I would like to try both. I already know what I'm going to stitch! :) Thanks!

~McKenna

♥ Nia said...

Ufff! I'm late on my blog reading but looks like I'm catching up just in time to join the fun!!! :D

1st it's just to post a theme picture on Sunday? I'm in! sign me up please ;)
Can't wait for the treasure hunt!!! :D

Jan Gartlan said...

I am going away so I cannot play. Have fun!